vrijdag 1 februari 2013

SQL Server Compact 4.0 Tooling in Visual Studio 2010

I developed a program which uses SQL Server Compact. Initially it was developed creating SQL Server COmpact 4.0 databases. Now after reinstalling my laptop, I tried to open the database, but it appaered I was missing the necessary tooling for SQL Server Compact 4.0, I could only open/create SQL Server Compact 3.5 databases.



I've immediatly installed the SQL Server Compact 4.0 runtime, which can be found here.
But this however didn't seem to be enough... I still couldn't open my created SQL compact database.

What I needed to do, was install some additional software using Microsoft Web Platform Installer 3.0.
Make sure you install these packages:
  • Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 SP1
  • Microsoft Visual Studion 2010 SP1 Tools for SQL Server Compact 4.0


Note that selecting and installing the Visual Studio 2010 SP1 or the Visual Web Developer Express 2010 SP1 also installs the SQL Server Compact 4.0 components that are needed for the tooling support. These components are called as Visual Studio 2010 SP1 Tools for SQL Server Compact 4.0 and SQL Server Compact 4.0. The Web Platform Installer automatically detects whether these components are already installed on the machine, and if they are not installed, the Web Platform Installer will install them. There is no need to separately select the SQL Server Compact 4.0 components in the Web Platform Installer.

The installer for visual studio SP1 can also be found here.


1 opmerking:

  1. SQL Server Compact 4.0 tooling in Visual Studio streamlines database development. Online Crashing GTA Its intuitive interface simplifies tasks like creating tables, queries.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen